Part-time traveller, Full-Time Brummie

Lonely Planet’s Ultimate Travel List – How Many Have You Visited?

Lonely Planet have released their list of 500 Ultimate Travel Sights – Mr Fletche and I have a long long way to go before we’ve even ticked off the top 20 (I haven’t even done the British Museum can you believe!)
1.    Temples of Angkor, Cambodia
15.    British Museum, England
16.    Sagrada Familia, Spain
17.    Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
18.    Santorini, Greece
19.    Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
20.    Museum of Old and New Art, Australia
How many of these amazing sights have you visited – and do they deserve their place in the top 20?  And what should we DEFINITELY put on our travel wish list?
Share:

19 responses to “Lonely Planet’s Ultimate Travel List – How Many Have You Visited?”

1. Lisa Orchard says:

Oh my goodness! This is an incredible list! I plan on travelling when I’m retired and I’ve found so many places I want to go from people sharing their vacations on the blogoshpere. Thanks for sharing your list! I’ve got more good ideas!

2. Fiona says:

I am never sure about these lists. How can anyone pick 20?

3. Unbound Roots says:

I, unfortunately, have not visited one of the places on your list, but your list is AMAZING! We are heading to Arizona this winter, so hopefully we will swing through the Grand Canyon. 🙂

4. Trudy says:

I haven’t done any! My vision board for the new year should include these so I can make at least one happen.

5. josypheen says:

Deary me. I’ve only been to four on that list. It’s a shame they didn’t pick anything from Japan. I could have a top 20 list just in Japan!! <3

I would like to visit quite a few of those places, but I hate the idea of just ticking things off a list. I often like the smaller, less famous sights because there are often less tourists and more real culture. I like seeing how people really live.

6. So many amazing places on that list! Imagine seeing them all. I think I only tick off 3 of these 😱 need to get my butt on a plane!

7. Wow. I only got to 8 of them so far. Looks like I better get back to work 😉

8. Jennifer says:

Only one place on that list, the Grand Canyon. Within the top 50, I can only include Havana, Cuba. Guess I’ve got to up the travel goals!

9. The only one I’ve got is the Galapagos Islands! They DEFINITELY deserve their spot on this list! I would love to be able to afford to go to all 20 of these! Maybe one day! 🙂