Lonely Planet’s Ultimate Travel List – How Many Have You Visited?

Lonely Planet have released their list of 500 Ultimate Travel Sights – Mr Fletche and I have a long long way to go before we’ve even ticked off the top 20 (I haven’t even done the British Museum can you believe!)
1.    Temples of Angkor, Cambodia
15.    British Museum, England
16.    Sagrada Familia, Spain
17.    Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
18.    Santorini, Greece
19.    Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
20.    Museum of Old and New Art, Australia
How many of these amazing sights have you visited – and do they deserve their place in the top 20?  And what should we DEFINITELY put on our travel wish list?

19 Comments

1. November 18, 2017 / 4:57 pm

Oh my goodness! This is an incredible list! I plan on travelling when I’m retired and I’ve found so many places I want to go from people sharing their vacations on the blogoshpere. Thanks for sharing your list! I’ve got more good ideas!

• November 18, 2017 / 5:05 pm

Even I look at this list and think “wow, I’ve been nowhere”…

• November 18, 2017 / 5:10 pm

That’s how I feel even though I did travel before I had kids. I’m in the stage where we’re doing all the kid things. 🙂 But some day.

2. November 18, 2017 / 5:52 pm

I am never sure about these lists. How can anyone pick 20?

• November 18, 2017 / 7:35 pm

I know! I’m sure my top 20 would be quite different (although I haven’t been everywhere of course!)

3. Unbound Roots
    November 18, 2017 / 6:04 pm

I, unfortunately, have not visited one of the places on your list, but your list is AMAZING! We are heading to Arizona this winter, so hopefully we will swing through the Grand Canyon. 🙂

• November 18, 2017 / 7:33 pm

The Grand Canyon is the only one I’ve done…it’s not a bad place to start 😃

4. November 18, 2017 / 8:12 pm

I haven’t done any! My vision board for the new year should include these so I can make at least one happen.

5. josypheen
    November 18, 2017 / 9:09 pm

Deary me. I’ve only been to four on that list. It’s a shame they didn’t pick anything from Japan. I could have a top 20 list just in Japan!! <3

I would like to visit quite a few of those places, but I hate the idea of just ticking things off a list. I often like the smaller, less famous sights because there are often less tourists and more real culture. I like seeing how people really live.

• November 19, 2017 / 12:38 am

I agree, but I like that some of these places aren’t the obvious ones!

6. November 18, 2017 / 9:19 pm

So many amazing places on that list! Imagine seeing them all. I think I only tick off 3 of these 😱 need to get my butt on a plane!

• November 19, 2017 / 12:37 am

I know…what have I been doing all this time 😁

7. November 18, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Wow. I only got to 8 of them so far. Looks like I better get back to work 😉

• November 19, 2017 / 12:37 am

You’re seven up on me! Although we’re hopefully covering off the British Museum on Monday 😁

8. November 19, 2017 / 12:27 am

Only one place on that list, the Grand Canyon. Within the top 50, I can only include Havana, Cuba. Guess I’ve got to up the travel goals!

9. November 19, 2017 / 8:57 am

The only one I’ve got is the Galapagos Islands! They DEFINITELY deserve their spot on this list! I would love to be able to afford to go to all 20 of these! Maybe one day! 🙂

• November 19, 2017 / 10:45 am

Wow, that’s a pretty big one to cross off the list!

• November 20, 2017 / 8:10 am

It was the biggest dream of mine! I was ecstatic when I found out I would be able to cross it off my bucket list!